Not Instagram Worthy

We all fib a little on social media and online, am I right?

Those outlets are meant to be a highlight reel. We try and get the perfect picture with the best lighting. We hide piles of junk, edit out blemishes, and most people only share pictures of things that look pretty good to begin with.

I am guilty of this too.

Real guilty.

I think it is so easy to compare your every day, messy, regular life to someone elses altered online life. It’s not healthy because you will never measure up. Truth is though, there isn’t a person out there who doesn’t have those piles of junk somewhere in their home.

I am all for beautiful, well-lit, cultivated pictures. I love Instagram because it makes people up their photo game. It just looks pretty, and I like pretty.

But, I wanna be real today. I have been taking pictures of my home over the past few weeks when it is in a state that is in no way Instagram worthy.

Here is a little piece of my real life. Unedited. #nofilter 😉

I’m sure you can relate.

IMG-3599IMG-3575IMG-3574IMG-3496IMG-3495IMG-3494IMG-3417

This is real life. And you know what? It’s beautiful too!

3 thoughts on “Not Instagram Worthy

  1. CallieCallie says:

    I love this post! Totally can relate, my house looks like this 90% of the day, and the other 10% is only because I try to clean up every night before bed. I might borrow this idea sometime, if you don’t mind. 😉 It’s a good idea to show un-perfect pictures sometimes.

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s