Well, I have to begin this post by saying… poor baby number two! It really is true what they say about the second kid, they just don’t get the attention they deserve. I am halfway in this pregnancy, and this is only my second bumpdate. I planned on taking cute, posed photos each week, but… Yep, poor baby number two!
How far along: 20 weeks
Size of baby: Banana
Must haves :
- A pillow between my legs to sleep. I don’t normally sleep that way, but my back has been hurting and my joints are achey.
- Sweatpants! I try to look nice most days and I make it until about three in the afternoon. Then on go my sweatpants!
Sleep: Sleep is hit or miss right now. Some nights are great, and I wake up feeling rested. Some nights I have insomnia around 3am and am up for a few hours wide awake!
Cravings: I have still been craving sugary things, especially sour candy. But, I have also been eating just about anything that I see in the past couple weeks. Basically, if it’s food, I crave it!
Gender: We won’t be finding out. Collin is still leaning towards boy and I have absolutely no idea! We are calling this baby Cashew! Nora was Peanut, so we thought it was only fitting!
Challenges: Mainly my only challenge has been lower back pain. I have had a bad back for a while, and it is worse during pregnancy. I dealt with the same exact stuff when I was pregnant with Nora. I have been loving my heating pad and back rubs!
- At 14 weeks I felt my first little flutters! I forgot how much I love feeling those!
- At 14 weeks I got to hear the heartbeat for the first time! A strong 160bpm!
- At 17 weeks those flutters were turning into clear kicks, and I even saw a few!
- At 19 weeks daddy felt and saw those sweet little kicks!
Looking forward to: Our ultrasound! Even though we don’t find out the gender, I still love seeing that little profile. Prayers all is well with this sweet little one!
How’s dad doing: Daddy asks how baby Cashew is all the time! So sweet! He loved feeling the kicks!
How’s big sister: Nora has become obsessed with pointing at my belly and saying “baby shashew!” However, she also thinks her and daddy have baby shashews in their bellies too!
Please accept this as my formal apology for the lack of bumpdates. I am so incredibly excited to meet you, and am so in love with you already. Promise! But, momma is also busy chasing after your wild sister and some things just slip my mind. I will try and do better from here on out. I hope you don’t take this as a sign for how you’ll be treated when you come out. We are gonna love you like crazy kid, and there won’t be a day you question if that’s true! Pinky promise!