Dusty Bible – No More!

So, do you remember this post? I wrote about asking for advice on when to fit in time with God. Here is a short excerpt below:

“The struggle is real ya’ll! And sadly this is not one of those posts where I tell you that I figured it all out and I am so happy to share with you my fix. This is a time where I am coming to you for advice. When I need to be real and raw and say that I don’t have it all figured out and I need others who can help!”

I received so many messages, comments and even some texts with amazing advice as well as others saying they struggle with the same thing!

dsc_0556

Well, I am still not here to tell you that I figured it all out, but I have definitely made improvements and I want to share with you what I have been doing!

I found that as much as I would like to have a set time, routine or schedule of how I spend time with God, that just cannot happen. It’s not realistic at this point in my life. So, flying by the seat of my pants is the name of the game!

I fit it in whenever I can.

Have I missed days? HECK YES! Is that okay? YES! God gives grace upon grace and hallelujah that he does because boy do I need it! Some days I am able to sit down, relax, drink coffee and savor my time with God. Other days I am fitting in a quick devotion or listening to a few minutes of a podcast on the way to work.

But I’m doing it. The effort is there.

I have found three resources I adore and I want to share with all of you!

bibleresourices-pic

Savor | This is a devotional by Shauna Niequist (who I love). It is a one page devotion that includes a Bible verse each day, a quick reading and a challenge or thought provoking question. It is great because it can literally take you only 10 minutes but has you thinking all day!

Proverbs 31 Study | I wish I had the time to dive into this study each and every day. It is centered around being a Proverbs 31 Woman and oh my, is it good! Every time I open it I am convicted and challenged. So good, but can take a long time to really get through it and soak it all in. Even if it is a lengthier study, it is great to have around for when I have the time!

Give Me Jesus Journal | This is not a devotional but a journal to help guide you as you study The Bible. I am not good at just opening The Bible and reading it. So, this really helps me to know what to think about and write down to help me get something out of what I read. I use this journal more than anything else in my time with God.

I hope this helps those of you who told me you were struggling as well. God doesn’t expect us to be perfect or have it all figured out. He goes want to see us try and do the best we can at living for Him and making Him a priority. I am so happy I have put this back into my life, even if it is sporadic and flawed.

I wanted to do something to help those of you who want to improve your relationship and time with God. So I am giving away a Grace Upon Amazing Grace Journal! Follow the link below to enter!

screen-shot-2016-12-10-at-10-23-01-am

lifelivedbeautifully.com

Click below to enter!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

12 thoughts on “Dusty Bible – No More!

1. Carissa Halbert says:

It might be a simple verse, but I love Jeremiah 29:11. Even when I don’t know the specific plans for my life He does!

Thanks for sharing your tips! 🙂

2. Susan Snodgrass says:

I am very glad you found a solution that suits you. I, too, longed to be one of those women who sat with their coffee for an hour every morning studying their bible. But I have never found that to be what works for me. Oh, I do a devotion every morning, currently Jesus Calling. Then I have devotion books all over the house, which I read when I am there. It’s also hard to just pick up the bible and read. So I choose books to go through. I love the history sector of the Word. And the epistles. You just have to work it out in your own way. God is pleased with that.

3. mchickel says:

I love these solutions! As busy mamas, we have to do what works best! My favorite verse is Deut 31:8 The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged.

4. crystalfoose says:

I could MAYBE do Savor. The worst part of my day is getting out of bed and I can’t make myself get up earlier for anything, and I have decided to be okay with that because more sleep= me being a more enjoyable human being.

5. Anna Unruh says:

Isaiah 55:8-9 ” For my thoughts are not your thoughts neither are my ways your ways, declares the Lord. For as high as the heavens are above the earth so are my thoughts higher than your thoughts and my ways higher than your ways.” We might like to try it our way but God’s thoughts and ways are so much higher and greater than our own.

6. Anna Unruh says:

I’ve found that the app First 5 powered by Proverbs 31 is helpful. It has a chapter a day and then a devotion with it. Very handy when I’m on the go or waiting for appointments I can pull it up then!

7. Rachel says:

Great tips! Fit it in when you can is a great suggestion! I have a baby the same age as Nora and I need to learn be flexible with when I do my quiet time or it won’t get done! I always did morning quiet times before baby, but that doesn’t happen anymore. I want to try to be more intentional with doing quiet time while baby eats or naps.
    My favorite verse:
    Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in all circumstances give thanks. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.

8. Lauren Roulhac says:

I a am also trying to find a time to read my bible. Right now I do it each morning as a pump. It’s a time I have to be sitting down and instead of Facebook, I am choosing to do a devotional. I would love a journal to use! Being a teacher journals and pens are my favorite!!

Verse: Ecclesiastes 4:12