I found this great new recipe for easy slow-cooker chicken and dumplings, it really is easy (unlike a lot of recipes that claim to be) and it tastes AH-mazing, seriously one of my new favorite meals!
Easy Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup (I have used one can of chicken and can of celery or mushroom for variety)
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 – 2 tablespoons, mix and match your choice of favorite seasoning – choices are: garlic powder, all purpose or poultry seasoning, paprika, cumin, dried parsley, rosemary, thyme.
- 1 small onion, diced (optional, but we love it, finely diced)
- 1 – bag of frozen or canned mixed veggies (optional)
- 1 can of flaky refrigerator biscuits – you may desire two if your family wants lots of dumplings
- Place the chicken, butter, soup,seasonings, onion, (and optional veggies) in a slow cooker.
- Pour chicken stock to cover.
- Cover, and cook for about 4 hours on High or 7 hours on low. (All slow cookers vary)
- About one hour before serving, take lid off of crock pot and shred chicken with fork.
- Then take biscuits, flatten and tear into fourths. Place the torn biscuit dough in crockpot, making sure that you push pieces down into the liquid, so the tops are covered as well.
- Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center. (If you’ve been cooking on low & need to hurry the process, turn up to high until dough has cooked.)
It makes A LOT which is good for leftovers or guests! I highly recommend this recipe it really was easy, tasted amazing and made the house smell awesome. And bonus, it supplied The Hubs with lunch for work and dinner since I work late!